Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Blogs:1

We are waiting for snow over here...had a light dusting this morning that has since melted off. G2 is sitting hopefully in the middle of the living room in his PJs and bathrobe, on his homemade cardboard sled (because that will glide over the 2 mm of remaining snow, vs. the real sled which would scrape).

Since I seem to be short on both time and writing inspiration lately, not to mention having trouble gaining access to family photos thanks to deficits in my patience and computer know-how and Minou's somewhat arcane photo saving and storage system, I thought I would share a blog I recently found that I found inspiring. How's that for a run-on sentence?

The idea of "financial independence" and early retirement is fairly new to me. Let's just say that I was a late bloomer with regard to both personal finance/budgeting and retirement savings. Sigh. Isn't that the way it goes? If I only knew then what I know now....

But! I have made up for this late start with my (previously mentioned) all-or-nothing nature and some solid frugal living skills, which my family may or may not appreciate (for example, when you are almost 15 it is humiliating when your mother collects and returns all the hard-partying neighbors' beer bottles from their curbside recycling bins).

Anyway, the blog I just discovered is called "Mr. Money Mustache: Financial Freedom through Badassity". It is funny, the author promotes bike commuting, and it is inspiring to save as much as possible now so that one can have financial flexibility later. I enjoyed his flippant analogy of taking out his wallet for a purchase to giving birth--a nine-month process that involves uncomfortable stretching. I will leave you to ponder the meaning of the title--you are probably quicker with the word plays than I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment