Total Pageviews

Friday, October 5, 2012

Great Glasses!

OK, let's have a vote!

I need a new pair of glasses (my old one has been repaired more times than I can count)
and...I have $300 of insurance left that are earmarked just for that. How lucky am I?!

More lucky than lucky, except that I find glasses shopping to be quite stressful.

First, I'm utterly blind as a bat without my current pair of glasses, so to try and get an impression how a new pair looks, I must place my face 6 inches from the mirror and squint my eyes fiercely.
Let's hope that distorts my usual affect just a little bit.

Second, I find it hard to be objective about my appearance, usually estimating glasses to be either much more or much less flattering than outside opinions corroborate.

And my family has limited patience for weighing in as I try on pairs in different poses. (My local wonderful glasses store allows clients to check out up to 4 pairs of glasses for up to 3 days before deciding). How about like this? From this angle? Pair A or Pair B? Mama, who cares?! (Husbands/sweeties know better than to express their opinions on such matters too forcefully, so Minou comments with caution).

Therefore I am relying on you, my readers! Because I know you will tell it like it is.
Right? Please leave me a comment and let me know which pair you prefer and why.
As a reward you will have my gratitude forever and one less nurse in unflattering glasses walking around.

Here are the choices.

Option A:



Option B:



Option C:



Option D:



I do realize that they are mostly similar. But slightly different--honest!
P'tit Minou Un took the pictures, and I was trying to look serious.

Please weigh in--I need some help!

2 comments:

  1. I'd go with D or C. I have the same problems when buying new glasses, I'd agree that it's a rather stressful process. Someone told me years ago for the best fit, when you look straight in the mirror you should be able to see at least some of your eyebrows above the frames. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue! I went with D--which were happily the least expensive option. And I didn't think about it at the time, but I can see some of my eyebrows above the frame line. Option C are actually my current glasses thrown in--I'm glad they were also flattering!

      Delete