- rode bike to work 4/4 days! (Monday was a holiday)
- used car once on weekend to take p'tit minou deux shopping (see angst-y post below)
- Minou used the car three times Saturday to make a two mile round trip to the grocery store. Tsk, tsk, tsk. But it was a deliberate choice; we had friends coming for dinner, he was cooking, he valued his time more at that moment. He stated.
- Back bike light is out; need to find the rechargable batteries. Luckily it's light when I leave work.
- Spent more this week. Cupboards were bare. Decided against a lentil-based diet (though I like them).
- Bought fancy sandwich spreads at Trader Joe's for livening up simple fare (tapenade, roasted pepper & garlic, etc.). Bought some luxury items: veggie ham, parmesan, a bottle of wine (friends for dinner)
- Starting into the new week with a semi-full fridge, will try to just pinch-hit as needed (fruit, veggies, cheese, milk) until March rather than doing my usual weekly shopping.
- It got cold again. I haven't turned up the heat but I am feeling it, especially up in our unheated Attic Addition at the top of the house. We have a mountain of comforters and each other to stay warm.
- Still trying to be careful with the water. No baths. Shorter showers, usually.
- Turning off the printer at night (last one up).
- The Ladies have started laying again! We have had an egg a day since Monday. I
trickedencouraged them by placing a decoy in their nest, and the days are getting longer.
- Very nice meal with some good friends. Spaghetti, homemade marinara, sauteed tofu, garlic bread, salad, red wine, and ice cream with homemade fudge sauce.
- p'tit minou deux now wants to go out for frozen yogurt. He argued earnestly in favor (he is very earnest, that one) of supporting the local family-owned business whose yogurt he enjoys. I think we will have homemade ice cream sundae night at home instead.
- Minou wants to watch the "new" James Bond movie at the dollar theater this evening, which is actually $2 (maybe even $2.50) per person on Friday evenings. We may rent this from Redbox for a dollar instead.
How about you? What frugal adventures did you have this week?