- rode bike to work 5/5 days (new benefit: chatted with nice bike commuter coworker en route)
- filled up gas tank for 1st time this month (we are using less with my commutes out of equation)
- used the car only once last weekend, to pick up p'tit minou un from far-away friend's house
- food spending for us four this month so far is around $250--more than I hoped, but pretty good.
- on the downside, because I have been busy with schoolwork, I haven't been planning/cooking much and meals have been rather plain. Need to work on that this week.
- thermostats at 64 and staying that way. Ignoring complaints and bundling up.
- taking "military showers": get in, water off, soap/shampoo up, water on, rinse, out.
- turning off lights and "vampire lights": printer, power strips, laptop.
- found a gift card I received for my 40th birthday (a while ago) and went out to lunch with Minou during the work week at a fancy delicatessen, twice! (had delicious & interesting sandwiches)
- had Friday Family Movie Night (third week in a row). Borrowed the third Matrix movie from the library. Had frugal snacks (Valentines chocolate from a neighbor, snack mix and soda courtesy of p'tit minou un's generosity, and rum and coke for Mama Minou courtesy of winning the liquor at a holiday White Elephant party).
- borrowed "The City of Ember" from the library per coworker's recommendation. Read it, loved it. Passed it to Minou who read it, loved it (he cried at the end--we are sappy that way). P'tit minou deux also read it and liked it. P'tit minou un read it years ago. Then we watched the movie.
How about you--any frugal fun this week?