Total Pageviews

Monday, February 4, 2013

weekend cooking

Mondays can just feel so challenging after the relaxed pace of a weekend at home.

Getting out the door calmly and on time in the morning. Having everything organized for the week.

And for me (not for much longer) ever-present online assignments hanging heavily over my head.
(I sometimes feel like they follow me around in the form of a visible dark rain cloud of worry)

All this is why it is so nice not to worry about dinner for Monday night. I love to cook up a storm on Sundays, with dishes that we can eat heading into the week. This weekend I made:

  • Creamy potato-broccoli-garlic soup, with a milk base
  • Enchilada casserole, with homemade pinto beans, yellow corn tortillas, black olives, cheddar cheese and mild enchilada sauce
  • Macaroni and cheese made with orzo pasta, bechamel sauce, mozzarella and parmesan cheeses
  • Cinnamon coconut-milk muffins
  • Blueberry cobbler (this went to a birthday potluck and did not come home, it was much enjoyed)
I will just wash and tear the lettuce for salads and move some frozen peaches and berries out from the freezer to make breakfast smoothies with yogurt. Petit minou un also just requested a pie...we will see..

Minou and I are starting our healthy eating habits again. It's been a long slow slide since Thanksgiving. But we are strong, and we will support each other.


2 comments:

  1. so so so so very sensible to cook ahead and plan out the meals. yummy! enjoy your week and all the delish food and laughter that comes with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Rebecca! I'm warming the enchiladas in the oven right now, as I had a relaxing evening jog. I love the laughter--more laughter!

    ReplyDelete