Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 14, 2011

I Vant to Draw Your Blood...

One of the things that makes a good day for me is learning a new skill...and that process is made so much easier and better if done with patient support and assistance! I have wonderful coworkers. Today FOUR of these generous individuals, including a Master Phlebotomist who talked me through it, lined up to allow me to draw some of their precious lifeblood into Tiger Top Tubes. All of them graciously assured me that I hadn't hurt them a bit, and I got three out of four veins (the one I missed was not visible, and it's a bit harder going just by feel). This was not a skill we learned in nursing school, and it's a useful one for sure. So exciting! Now I'm all pumped up to go donate blood to our local blood bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment