Total Pageviews

Monday, January 21, 2013

mitzvah monday

I went to a street clinic and gave immunizations for several hours to some community members who were happy to have access to them. Preventative health care=wonderful!

There is nothing like a little dose of perspective to make me appreciate my life and all the comforts I enjoy. It was cold out there, and some of the clients were planning to sleep in a shelter.
Whereas I biked home to warm soup and lasagna, hugs, a 68 degree home and a hot bath.

Also, going to see an old and dear friend today and celebrate her new U.S. citizenship. It is always a treat to spend time with her, and she welcomes the chance to use and refine her English as well.

Made chocolate chip muffins (again) for my boys. They will be gone before evening.

Thinking about the life of Dr. King and his courage.

No comments:

Post a Comment