Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Scanning & Gardening

sunflower starts

I have heard about digitalizing as a space-saving measure for quite a while, but never tried it. Just today I decided to give it a whirl. I have quite a few past materials from programs of study that I just can't bring myself to toss. (I might need them someday! I know, I know...). Minou had warned me that using our scanner, part of a combination printer/copier/scanner machine, was slow going since the feeder doesn't work. Well, he was right. I'm proud of myself for figuring out how to do it. I can see that it will be useful. But oh my, it took me an hour standing over the scanner to digitalize one manila folder of notes and articles.


starry kale starts


lettuce starts

Still! In other news, I am delighted to report that the pumpkin seeds I had given up on have finally sprouted. It took them almost 4 weeks, but they look great. Also the sunflower starts are growing nicely, my new blueberries have lots of new growth (I pinched off all their buds this year), and the kale and lettuce starts are flourishing. Yesterday we had a soft, gentle rain all day after a week of spotty sun, so I planted the winter garden. I put in overwinter beets, collards, swiss chard, and acorn squash.  The ground was easy to work and they had a good watering. More to come...

pumpkin starts


Finally, I'd like to apologize for the recent photo quality. Not that it was ever sublime (unlike this beautiful blog), but when I first started the blog I was using a digital camera that my mom loaned me. I haven't been able to find the rechargable batteries for several weeks (time to organize...), so I've been using Minou's I-Phone camera. I have noticed a definate increase in blurriness. Hopefully soon to be remedied! I think I might have an idea where to look...

No comments:

Post a Comment