Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Self Care

I went to a great workshop today! It was called "Healthy Weight Management in the Primary Care and Reproductive Health Setting" . Sound dull? It wasn't. Key points I took away:
  • address healthy weight management with ALL clients/patients
  • come from the perspective of healthy behavior promotion, not numbers (lbs, BMI)
  • take care of ourselves every day
  • ...and much, much more. Did you know that adequate sleep and stress management are very important in maintaining a healthy weight?
However! More on this later. After 2 nights of little and broken sleep, 300+ highway miles driven, and  a bit too much coffee in order to stay alert today, I am exhausted. So to take care of myself, I ate a plant-based dinner, took Sawyer for an hour-long walk in the early evening sun, and am preparing to go to bed before 8 p.m. When I wake up, the Minous will be in Europe.

I hope you practice some good self-care yourself today.

birthday flowers

No comments:

Post a Comment