Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Compost, my eye

What a great gardening weekend! Yesterday I weeded all the raised garden beds then today used about half of this:





to mix in and improve the soil. Next, Minou spent most of today setting up a drip irrigation system.




Meanwhile, G1 hung out and helped, then made oatmeal cookies to boost morale and productivity. G2 spent most of today with his good friend C. They played in the treehouse and chased the chickens.


Poor Chiquita is indignant about being chased

I think I'll wait to plant for a few days because I am tired. However, a word of warning to all you gardeners: Be extra careful not to touch your face! I woke up this morning with a very red, sore eye and now have some antibiotic drops for a case of bacterial conjunctivitis. Ouch!




I'm not sure how it happened, but I must have rubbed my eye with composty gloves or fingers. This was my second trip to Urgent Care for a gardening-related injury (the first required stitches). Who would have thought that it was such a hazardous hobby?

Finally, I leave you with some pictures of the beauty that is the yard in spring:


favas



lilacs


wild mustard


fill dirt with weeds next to compost


Weeds have their own beauty!

No comments:

Post a Comment